1.26.2010

"Weird Al" Yankovic Announces Cartoon Network Deal




Source:"Weird Al" Yankovic
January 25, 2010


"Weird Al" Yankovic announced on his official blog this morning that he has signed a production deal with Cartoon Network which includes a live-action feature film. Here's part of his post:

When I say that I’ve “just” signed, that means that I actually signed several months ago, but this is the first time I’ve been allowed to openly talk about it.

Without going into too much detail, the good folks at Cartoon Network decided that they liked me and wanted me to provide some content for them – series, features, animation, live-action… they were open to anything. So after a couple years (yes, really) of the lawyers going back and forth, we finalized a deal – now all I have to do is start making stuff!

The first thing I’m on track to do for them is, in fact, a live-action feature film.


For more on the live-action pic, which he's writing and will direct, go here!


MovieMiguel.com


blog comments powered by Disqus