6.30.2010

Robin Williams Wants Riddler Role



Robin Williams makes Batman 3 plea to Christopher Nolan.

UK, June 28, 2010


Robin Williams has been discussing his desire to appear in a Batman movie, stating that he'd play anything from The Riddler to an Arkham Asylum inmate in Batman 3.

Speaking to Empire Magazine about his work with director Christopher Nolan on Insomnia, Williams says "I would work with Chris again in a second, playing anyone in anything. I'd play The Riddler in the next Batman, although it would be hard to top Heath [Ledger] as the villain, and I'm a little hairy for tights."


Robin Williams in Christopher Nolan's Insomnia.

Williams even applies additional pressure by stating "I'm using this article as an ad. Chris, call me, I'll do anything. I could be a great character - or some weird little man in the background in Arkham Asylum."

The actor also spilled the beans regarding his chequered past with the franchise. "The Batman films have screwed me twice before" he explains. "Years ago they offered me The Joker and then gave it to Jack Nicholson, then they offered me The Riddler and gave it to Jim Carrey. I'd be like 'OK, is this a real offer? If it is, then the answer's yes. Don't pump me again, motherf**kers'."

It's been a while since Williams has done scary on screen, but if he reigns it in and delivers the same kind of creepy that won him so many plaudits in Nolan's Insomnia, he could be just the man for the Riddler role. What do you guys think? MovieMiguel.com
blog comments powered by Disqus