7.22.2008

Christian Bale on Terminator Salvation

Christian Bale on Terminator Salvation

Source: Scott Huver
July 11, 2008


Sure, the excitement surrounding The Dark Knight is at a fever pitch, but what about that OTHER big-budget, blockbuster franchise that's going to star Christian Bale?

The actor underneath Batman's cowl has just started filming Terminator Salvation for director McG, playing the adult John Connor in the post-apocalyptic world portended in the James Cameron-conceived movie series. ComingSoon.net squeezed a few nuggets from the star about why he chose to take on what's sure to be one of summer 2009's most anticipated films.

CS: What attracted you to another big franchise like "Terminator?"
Christian Bale: Well, initially, actually, that was NOT an attraction. I felt that I wasn't sure where it could go to. Before I gave an answer, I went back and reviewed the other movies. I felt like "Okay, unlike 'Batman Begins,' this would be something where we would be respecting the previous mythology." Certainly of one and two, not so much number three – but certainly you would be recognizing that mythology, unlike "Batman Begins" where we were saying that this is the beginning, right here. But what I view in it, and what has ultimately made me make the choice to make it, is that I see the same potential for reinvention and for breathing new life into the mythology. That's what I view our responsibility as filmmakers to be. It's pointless if we don't succeed in doing that.

CS: How is filming going?
Bale: Good, good. They're a number of weeks in. I'm just a week and a half in... It's going well. It's a tall order, it really is, and I recognize that and we have a lot of work to do, and I've just begun on it, because I only just finished working on "Public Enemies" a couple of weeks back.

Terminator Salvation is scheduled for a May 22, 2009 release.






MovieMiguel.com







Wireless messaging lets you receive special text messages about Movie Miguel directly on your cell phone! We will let you know about The Movie Miguel Show, Dj Movie Miguel, TV appearances, events, special announcements, and other information that you just can't live without. You can unsubscribe at any time. To sign up, just enter your cellphone number and hit submit! Standard text message rates apply.


Listen to MovieMiguel on internet talk radio
To Subscribe to The Movie Miguel Show using iTunes: (automatically downloaded to your computer via iTunes)


MovieMiguel.com

MySpace.com/DjMovieMiguel



Dj%20Movie%20Miguel
Quantcast
blog comments powered by Disqus