3.04.2011

Clerks III: Will It Happen?


Clerks III: Will It Happen?

January 28th @ 1:07 am | 1 Comment » | Scooped by Brad & Chris
  • Obviously, with the reveal that “Hit Somebody” would be the last ever directorial effort from Kevin before retirement, many were left scratching their heads, wondering if a Clerks III/3 would ever see the light. Rather than speculate, here’s the writer/director himself on that possibility:
      I’ve always said I’d leave room for a possible CLERKS III, but w/o Jay or Bob, focusing on Dante & Randal, if I felt like telling a story about how I felt to be in my 40′s (as CLERKS was me in my 20′s & CLERKS II was me in my 30′s). But rather than manufacture a CLERKS III, I decided to live a real life CLERKS II. My favorite moment in that flick will always be Randal finally revealing his dopey secret heart & yelling “I’D BUY THE QUICK STOP & RE-OPEN IT MYSELF!” I wrote that line for a deeper reason that I thought I had, in retrospect. From day four of the RedState shoot, all I could hear was Randal in my head, insisting “THAT’S what I’d do. That’s what WE should do.” A long time ago, Randal gave me my entire career; nearly 20 years later, he did it again. But that all being said? Right now, I honestly have NO story to tell with Dante & Randal. I was always really happy with where we left them. So while I’ll always allow for the possibility of a CLERKS III, it’s not likely. HIT SOMEBODY is the film the end on. Then? MORE PODCASTS!!!



MovieMiguel.com
blog comments powered by Disqus