10.22.2009

Raimi to Get Back to Basics for Spider-Man 4


October 16, 2009


Director Sam Raimi was interviewed in the print edition of DVD & Blu-ray Review (via the Coventry Telegraph) and was asked about Spider-Man 4.

Asked about complaints that there were too many villains in Spider-Man 3, he said: "I think having so many villains detracted from the experience. I would agree with the criticism."

Raimi added that he had learned some new lessons and storytelling tricks from his last film, Drag Me to Hell. "I think I've learned about the importance of getting to the point and the importance of having limitations, and I'm hoping to take that into a production where I'm actually allowed to explore with more of the tools to pull it off with a little more splendor.

"I hope I don't lose that edge that I've just found. That would be my approach to 'Spider-Man 4': to get back to the basics."






MovieMiguel.com







Wireless messaging lets you receive special text messages about Movie Miguel directly on your cell phone! We will let you know about The Movie Miguel Show, Dj Movie Miguel, TV appearances, events, special announcements, and other information that you just can't live without. You can unsubscribe at any time. To sign up, just enter your cellphone number and hit submit! Standard text message rates apply.

blog comments powered by Disqus